This hearty dish captures all you love about chili; the comfort, the warming heat; using much less meat (and more leafy greens!) than the traditional version.
Chickpea & Greens Chili
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2½ cups chickpeas, cooked
- 4 cups Earthbound Farm® 'Kale' or 'Power' Deep Green Blends
- 1 large can diced organic tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground
- black pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, pepper and garlic for 3 minutes. Add turkey and cook another 4 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and add chickpeas. Partially mash chickpeas with a potato masher. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
Serve this recipe with a glass of Bonterra Pinot Noir.