Quick and easy to prepare, this kebab combo brings a touch of the tropics to your grill. Dish up hot as an appetizer and serve with Bonterra Viognier.
Curry Chicken and Mango Kebabs
Servings: Makes 12-16 skewers
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 mangos, flesh cut into a 1/2-inch dice
- 5 scallions, cut on a bias into 1-inch pieces (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh mint
Mix together the yogurt, garlic, curry powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Toss the chicken thighs in the mixture to coat and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, and up to several hours.
Thread one piece of chicken onto a skewer (bamboo or metal), followed by one piece of mango, a piece of scallion, another piece of chicken, another of mango, another scallion, and another of chicken. Repeat with remaining chicken and mango. Brush the skewers with olive oil and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
Heat a grill to medium-high and cook the skewers for 4-5 minutes per side (8-10 minutes total) over direct heat, until chicken is cooked through.
Serve on a platter scattered with fresh mint.