Spring has sprung, which means it’s time to get your garden in tip-top shape. Whether you’re working with big raised beds, a small herb garden, or even a windowsill planter, DIY painted pebble garden markers are an easy and eco-friendly way to upgrade your green space.
Plus, a cool can of refreshing Bonterra Sauvignon Blanc or Rosé made with organically farmed grapes makes for the ultimate gardening buddy. Simply round up a few supplies and crack a chilled can to get your garden prepped and ready for the spring growing season!
Here’s how you can make your own painted pebble garden markers at home.
DIY Garden Markers
- Non-toxic paint
- Smooth, relatively flat pebble
- Newspaper or other material to protect your workspace from paint
- Cover your work space with newspaper.
- Ensure that your pebbles are dry as well as dust- and grit-free before painting each with a base coat of your preferred color and let dry. If needed, repeat by adding additional coats of paint until your desired base color is achieved.
- Using a contrasting color, paint the names of your chosen vegetables, herbs, or flowers onto the pebbles and let dry.
- Optional: Take your markers to the next level and decorate each pebble with an image of its corresponding vegetable, herb, or flower.