Warm cookies and wine? Yes, please! Savor the sweet spices of ginger, cinnamon and molasses with our Bonterra Merlot. Spoiler: we sort of planned it that way. Bake up these Ginger Fall Leaves Cookies (don’t forget to opt for organic ingredients), invite some friends over and share a bottle of Bonterra!
Ginger Fall Leaves Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 3⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest (optional)
- In small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves until well blended.
- In large bowl beat butter, brown sugar, and egg on medium speed until well blended.
- Add molasses, vanilla, and lemon zest and continue to mix until well blended.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic. Let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Return dough to room temp before using. Preheat oven to 375 deg, and grease or line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place 1 portion of the dough on a lightly floured surface.Sprinkle flour over dough and rolling pin, and roll dough to a scant 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut out cookies with desired cutter, and space 1 1/2-inches apart, and bake 1 sheet at a time for 7-10 minutes
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and allow them to stand until firm enough to move to a wire rack.