These flavorful bites are like your favorite spinach-artichoke dip and the pita chips you scoop it up with all in an airy puff, and they’re perfect with a glass of white wine like our Bonterra Chardonnay.
Spinach-Artichoke Parmesan Puffs
Servings: Makes 30-40 puffs
- 2 cups pita crisps (preferably whole grain)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts (in water), drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Pulse together pita chips and garlic in a food processor until crumbly. Add the spinach and artichoke hearts and pulse again until mixed. Add eggs, cheese, cream cheese, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and pulse until everything is combined.
Refrigerate the batter for 10 minutes while preheating the oven to 350.
Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and form generous 1 tablespoon mounds of batter (like you would with cookie dough). Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cooked all the way through and slightly browned on top.