This kebab combo uses a simple, homemade teriyaki glaze that compliments sweet and savory. Mix it up on the grill and use this same recipe with grilled chicken or summer veggies. Pair with Bonterra Sauvignon Blanc.
Tuna and Pineapple Kebabs with Ginger-Soy Glaze
Servings: Makes 12-16 skewers
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups fresh pineapple cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh, ahi grade tuna, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions (green parts only)
Stir together soy sauce, ginger, honey, chopped pineapple, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring a low boil and simmer 10 minutes, until glaze is the consistency of maple syrup. Remove from heat and set aside.
Thread one piece of pineapple, one piece of tuna, another of pineapple, another of tuna, and another of pineapple onto each skewer.
Heat a grill to medium-high, brush the skewers on all sides with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 1-2 minutes on all four sides, brushing with glaze just before turning each time, until fish and pineapple are slightly charred, and tuna is still pink on the inside. Transfer to a platter and scatter scallions over the top.