What’s not to love about delicious wine, eco-friendly crafts, and super cute succulents? Upcycled cork planters are the perfect way to add a touch of green to small spaces or test out your green thumb before committing to a big gardening project.
Plus, if you’re like us, you’ve got plenty of Bonterra corks to spare. So, pour a glass of Bonterra Merlot made with organically farmed grapes and follow our lead.
Upcycled Cork Planters with Succulents
- Bonterra corks
- Succulent clippings or small succulents
- Small paring or precision/hobby knife
- Craft glue (optional)
- Small magnets (optional)
- Working your way from the top of the cork down, carefully hollow out each cork with your knife. Make sure not to pierce through the bottom of the cork.
- If using magnets, adhere magnets to the side of the cork using glue and allow to dry before filling with soil and your succulent.
- Add a small amount of soil to the hollowed out cork and gently insert your succulent.
- Add soil around the succulent as needed to secure it and firmly press down around the stem.