Watermelon and feta cheese go beautifully with the cool, minty notes of basil. Pair this simple, summer nibble with Bonterra Sauvignon Blanc.
Watermelon, Feta and Basil Skewers
Servings: Makes 12-16 kebabs
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 bunch basil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place 1 cube of watermelon on a skewer, followed by a basil leaf and a cube of feta. Repeat with remaining watermelon, feta and basil. Transfer to a serving platter.
Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, and drizzle over the skewers. Sprinkle with a bit more salt and pepper if desired.