Cabernet Sauvignon 2020
Club Price: $12.80
Add a delicious twist to your homemade pasta by infusing herbs directly into the dough. Create a beautiful, flavor-filled dish and serve it with our full-bodied Bonterra Cabernet Sauvignon.
Herb Infused Fresh Pasta
- 4 cups (113g to 142g) fresh herbs or greens (approximately)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or coarse salt
- 2 1/2 cups (312g) Pasta Flour Blend
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 to 4 tablespoons (28g to 57g) cool water
- Wash and dry fresh herbs.
- Coarsely chop herbs, place in bowl and sprinkle with coarse salt. Then grind salt and herbs together into a wet paste.
- Add flour and eggs to the bowl and mix well. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until a rough dough forms and there’s no dry flour in the bowl. The dough will be fairly stiff, and firmer than bread dough.
- Turn dough out onto your work surface and knead for 8 to 10 minutes, until smooth and springy. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Following your pasta machine instructions, roll dough to desired thickness. Allow sheets to dry for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting into strips. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook fresh pasta for 3 to 4 minutes, testing for doneness after 3 minutes. Drain pasta and serve as desired. A simple dressing of melted butter and fresh Parmesan cheese is outstanding and lets the flavors of the herbs shine through.