Create a light, crunchy treat that’s bursting with taste by infusing your favorite flavors into these easy-to-make meringue pops. Get creative with your piping bag and serve your creations with some yummy Bonterra Rosé.
- 1/4 cup meringue powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or other preferred flavorings)
- Icing colors or food coloring (optional)
- Assorted colored sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whip Meringue Powder and water with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. With the mixer running, gradually add sugar in small amounts.
- Whip until stiff peaks form, typically 4-5 minutes.
- Add vanilla (or other flavorings) and icing color and continue whipping until well combined.
- Fill piping bag fitted with the 1M tip with meringue batter.
- Pipe 2 in. diameter circles onto parchment-lined cookie pans, spacing 1 in. apart for medium-sized cookies.
- Pipe smaller circles for crispier cookies or larger circles for more chewy cookies.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until outsides of meringues feel firm and crisp. Don’t open oven while the cookies are baking.
- Turn off the oven and let cookies sit for an hour to dry them out then remove and cool completely on pan. Peel cooled meringues off of parchment paper.