Bonterra Sauvignon Blanc 2022
Club Price: $11.20
Spring flowers are blooming and we are feeling inspired! Bring the fresh colors of the season to your salad with edible flowers – they add a pop of color to your organic greens and create a truly irresistible presentation. For a light, delicious lunch or starter course, try pairing with a crisp white wine, like our Sauvignon Blanc.
Edible flowers can be added to virtually any salad dish, here is how we made ours:
Spring Flower Salad
- Edible flowers – pansies, calendula, nasturtium, anise hyssop, marigold and borage are flowers that work well
- Baby greens
- Sugar snap peas
- Asparagus spears
- Radishes - we used two kinds: traditional radishes and watermelon radishes
- Gentry rinse the baby greens and other vegetables.
- Trim the woody side of the asparagus and poach them – add to boiling water for approximately 3 minutes and then transfer to an ice water bath.
- Shave the radishes so the slices are very thin – we recommend using a mandolin.
- Clean the edible flowers as-needed. The smaller flowers should remain whole while larger flowers like marigold or calendula can be separated into petals.
- Lightly dress the greens separately with your favorite dressing – we used a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice and minced shallot. Then, gently mix the vegetables in a large bowl or separately on plates before adding edible flowers to the top.